The Second annual Harmony for Hope, Mount Hope Home Christmas Decorating Contest will be held this season in the annexed city limits of the City of Mount Hope with the following dates:
Entry Application Period: IMMEDIATELY through 12/02/2021
Judging Period: 12/14/2021 through 12/15/2021
Winners Announced: 12/19/2021 through the Mount Hope Virtual Christmas Tree Lighting
Please read these rules and instructions and if you have any questions contact Carrie Kidd at (304)860-7843.
Entry applications are available on-line at www.harmonyforhope.org/christmaslights.
1. Participation is open to all residents within the boundaries of the City of Mount Hope.
2. There is no entry fee to participate.
5. Entry applications must be received no later than 5pm on Thursday, December 03, 2021.
5. The contest is for exterior decorations only, including decorations in windows that are visible from the exterior. Judging will be done from outside the residence only.
6. Judging will be based on “curb appeal” as viewed from the street only. Therefore, only those decorations located on the street side of the property will be judged (corner lots will be judged from both streets). Judges will not enter the property to view back or side yards.
7. Participants agree to have one or more photos of their decorated residence exterior posted on the Harmony for Hope website. Participant agrees there will be no compensation of any kind for said posting or publication.
8. Judging criteria will include [a] Unique design and creative use of lights and decorations; [b] Storyline or theme; [c] Display and placement of decorations, animated objects, etc.; and [d] Overall presentation.
9. Judging will be done from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. on Tuesday, 12/14/2021. Depending on the number of entries, judging may continue from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. on Wednessday, 12/15/2021. All judging will be completed no later than 8:00 p.m. on 12/15/2021.
10. Participants should ensure that all lights, animations and decorations are in place and activated for the judging periods on both nights.
11. Three prizes will be awarded:
First Place – $100.00
Second Place – $50.00
Third Place – $25.00
Gift cards will be awarded to the houses which come in as runners up based on the judging criteria listed above.
Special award for “Most Festive Street in the Annexed City of Mount Hope”
12. Winners will be announced at the Virtual Tree Lighting Ceremony on Sunday, 12/19/2021 on the Harmony for Hope website. Winners will be notified by telephone.
Be creative, be festive, have fun!